Most people regardless of sex experience heartburn at some point of time in their lives. It is a feeling of burning in your chest. You also have bitter taste in your throat.
If you don't seek treatment for heartburn, you may face some serious medical conditions such as heart attack or stroke. But, you don't have to panic since you can find many natural remedies for this digestive problem.
Following you will discover natural remedies that can help you to get rid of heartburn.
As for me, I have my one recipe that . One night, I woke up with terrible heartburn. I didn't have any over-the-counter medications at that time. But I had some pickle juice, and I took 2 gulps. I felt more pain after that. But it only lasted for a few minutes. Then I started chewing a sugar free gum and my heartburn was completely gone.
- Potato juice is a wonderful remedy for acid reflux. You can make juice by using a blender. Leave the skin on. If the taste does not suit you, you are welcomed to add other juices such as carrot. It is also great for soothing the inflamed esophagus.
- Some sufferers use Althaea Officinalis or Marshmallow to relieve heartburn. It works by healing the irritated lining of the esophagus, thanks to its mucilage. It also prevents regurgitation of the food. However, if you have diabetes, you should not use it.
- Chamomile has been used for medicinal purposes. It can be used to treat acid reflux. It is best to drink it after meals because it can protect your esophagus from the stomach acid.
- What you eat can promote heartburn. You should avoid eating any food that can trigger this digestive pain. The common foods that may cause heartburn at sodas, coffee, fatty foods, alcoholic beverages, and chocolates.
- Your lifestyle needs to change too. If you are in a stressful situation, find effective ways to relax. You should try to stop smoking. Both stress and tobacco are heartburn triggers.
With these natural heartburn remedies in hand, you can do without medicines. Remember some of them takes time to see results.